Programs for Players
Players - Third Party Programs
If COVID restrictions allow, MacLean Hockey is offering drop-in style development sessions.
Age Divisions: U9 - U18
Session Rates: $25-$35
For more information and specific age division schedules please visit their website: http://www.macleanhockey.com/
Registration site: https://central.ivrnet.com/maclean/programs
Hockey Alberta is very proud to host a variety of skill development camp options this Summer in Calgary.
2021 Super Skills Summer Camp
August 9-13, 2021 / Flames Community Arenas - Calgary
2021 Female Skills Development Camp
August 13-15, 2021 / Cardel Rec South - Calgary
2021 Summer Weekend Hockey Camp - South Calgary
August 21-22, 2021 / Cardel Rec South - Calgary
2021 Summer Weekend Hockey Camp - North Calgary
September 04-05, 2021 / Brentwood Sportsplex
Background from Vergie Speed - Deep Rich History of Training Athletes
- 20,100 athletes trained: since 1998, Vergie Speed has trained more youth athletes in Calgary than any other facility.
- $8.1M in Scholarships: 658 Vergie Speed athletes have won more than eight million dollars in University athletic scholarships.
- 100% University Educated: all Vergie Speed Coaches have Kinesiology degrees and relevant certifications.
The Vergie Speed Advantage
- Develop the Complete Athlete: both body and mind matter. We build athletes' bodies and confidence too. We never verbally abuse or publicly embarrass them.
- Speed and Agility are Everything: research shows the #1 facto which separates elite and non-elite athletes is the ability to change direction quickly (not absolute strength, e.g. bench press or squat).
- Connor McDavid and Nathan MacKinnon are not exceptional sprinters, but are extremely agile. It's all about fast-first steps.
- Elite-Yet-Safe: teenage bodies vary wildly in maturity and ability. Training is customized for each age group, with loads customized to each athlete.
We look forward to helping your children become better athletes.
Yours in Speed,
TWHA Player Development Sessions
TWHA Coach Development provides members opportunities to experience third party hockey instruction throughout the season. Players must be registered with TWHA for the current hockey season to register for these sessions.
Stay tuned for 2021-2022 clinics!
Hockey Calgary Programs
What It Takes is a series of virtual, moderated panel conversations with the coaches and leaders themselves. Coaches and leaders at various levels will provide insights for aspiring hockey players on the attributes, characteristics, and skills seen at their levels. Discussions will take a deep dive into preparation, success, and finding out, What It Takes.
Each installment will be applicable to all ages and we recommend tuning into to each session as insights will vary and may be slightly targeted for the most applicable age groups based on the ages categories of the panellists. The Female Hockey Edition will feature a more broad conversation as the panellists are both coaches, players, leaders, and extend across multiple levels. The series is free of charge and will take place via zoom.
Stay tuned for 2021-2022 dates