VOLUNTEER SIGN UP FOR 2023-2024
New for the 2023-2024 season, Trails West is using Sign Up Genius for association volunteer opportunities that are available throughout the season such as pre-skates, evaluations, and other association directed events. Sign Up Genius will also be used at the team level once teams have been formed an a Team Volunteer Ambassador has been determined.
Volunteers are not required to have a Sign Up Genius account to sign up to volunteer.
All association related sign ups are available on the TWHA Sign Up Genius Portal Page which can be found on the TWHA website under Members-Volunteer Sign Up.
Please use the envelope button on the sign up forms to contact the specific individuals responsible for each sign up form.
Thank you for volunteering!
VOLUNTEER BOND INFORMATION
Updated: 10 June 2023
Overview: The volunteer bond requirement will be for all members to contribute a minimum amount of volunteer time throughout the hockey season. The purpose is to ensure a more equitable distribution of volunteering across the association in effort to provide a higher and more consistent level of programming. Please CLICK HERE to see a list of all VACANT volunteer positions.
The volunteer bond commitment will be as follows:
|Age Division||Required # of Credits PER PLAYER (to a maximum of 4 credits per family)|
- Ex. If you have a U7 and a U9 player, you must complete 3 credits.
- Ex. If you have a U15 and a U18 player you must complete 4 credits.
- Ex. If you have a U9, a U11, & a U13 player, you must complete the 4 credit maximum
Value: Members who do not complete their allotted numbers of credits will be invoiced for $250 at the end of the season on March 31, 2024. For those members choosing to not volunteer, there is an option to pay $250 up front during the registration process. Completing this payment implies consent to share your decision to not volunteer with your Team Volunteer Ambassador. If you have pre-paid the volunteer bond and subsequently choose to fulfill your volunteer requirements throughout the season, your volunteer deposit will be refunded to you at the end of the season.
Considerations to Note:
- There will be no differentiation between team and association volunteer time. Credits can be earned either at the team or association level.
- Credits cannot be carried over to future seasons.
- Families with more than one registered player can acquire their total volunteer credits from any Trails West team or association volunteer activity.
Association volunteering credits can be earned in the following roles ONLY:
|Volunteer Role||Credit Value|
|Age Group Coordinator||4|
|Hockey Calgary League Chair||4|
|Labour Day Jamboree Coordinator||4|
|Trails West Cup Coordinator||4|
|15 Cup / U18 Couture Cup Coordinator||4|
|Apparel / Logo Coodinator||4|
|Evaluations Catering Coordinator||4|
|Pre-Season Camp Coordinator||4|
|Picture Day Coordinator||4|
|Social Media Coordinator||4|
|Coach Development Administrator||4|
|Casino Volunteer - 1 shift||3|
|Conditioning Camp Check In - 6 shifts||1|
|Evaluation Check In - 6 shifts||1|
|Evaluation Food Delivery - 6 shifts||1|
|U15/U18 Body Checking Camp Check In - 6 shifts||1|
|Picture Day Helper - 1 day shift||1|
|Equipment Manager Assistant - 6 shifts||1|
|Clipboard Evaluator (non-coach) - 6 shifts||1|
Team volunteering credits can be earned in the following roles ONLY:
|Volunteer Role||Credit Value|
|Volunteer Ambassador / Box Scheduler**||2|
|Community Volunteer Event Planner: |
-Hockey Kids Helping Kids
-Brown Bagging for Calgary's Kids
|Score Clock, Scoresheet, Penalty Box, Music:|
6 shifts = 1 Credit
- Please note that shifts such as helping in the equipment room, evaluation check in or food delivery, & manning the score clock, scoresheet, penalty box, and music do NOT need to be consecutive. You will get 1 volunteer credit for signing up and completing 6 shifts regardless of when they occur during the season.
*The Volunteer Coordinator
- Key volunteer role at the association level
- Hold a Zoom training session for all Team Volunteer Ambassadors at the beginning of the season
- Educate Team Volunteer Ambassadors about available volunteer roles for team members
- Liaise with Team Volunteer Ambassadors to answer questions and provide support
- Cascade new volunteer opportunities to the Team Volunteer Ambassadors as they present
**The Team Volunteer Ambassador
- Volunteer role at the team level
- Oversee and track team member volunteer credits
- Create a schedule for the Game Clock, Scoresheet, Penalty Box, and Music Volunteers at the beginning of the season
- Initial schedule must include ONLY team members who are not already in key volunteer roles that fully satisfy their commitment.
- Assignments must be given to box helpers in batches of 6 games at a time, to ensure 1 credit is earned for each assignment. These shifts do not need to be consecutive.
- Once ALL members of a team have fully satisfied their credits, then the box duties can be spread out among team members.
- The Trails West Volunteer Coordinator will work with the Team Volunteer Ambassador to ensure they understand this assigning method
- End of season - provide a list of team members who have not completed their volunteer credits to the Association Volunteer Coordinator
Agreement: During registration, the registrant will be required to agree to the terms and conditions of the TWHA Volunteer Bond. CLICK HERE to see a copy of the Volunteer Bond Agreement.
Contact: TWHA Administrator: Courtney Dreger at email@example.com
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we roll out this re-designed Volunteer Bond in the 2023-2024 season.