Half Ice Rink Divider System
Hockey Calgary has scheduled the Rink Divider System responsibilities for teams:
A number of teams did not follow the procedure and protocols detailed in the attached documents. Specifically there have been a number of cases of the following:
- Coaches on the ice without helmets
- Parents on the ice setting up boards rather than coaches
- Teams not providing coaches to assist with their required responsibility
The U9 Governor has the authority to suspend the Head Coach of a team that does not comply with the proper procedures. The following process will take place prior to being given a suspension
- Association, Rink Staff, Team will contact applicable League Chair and Novice Governor to issue complaint
- League Chair or Governor will issue the Head Coach a warning via email
- If another complaint is issued for the same team, the U9 Governor will issue a 1 game suspension
- If problems continue to exist, further suspensions will be levied
Tornado's Edge Training Tool available at Flames Community Arenas
Concussion Awareness App / Hockey Canada Rule Book App / Hockey Canada Network
- Each drill includes PDF description and video demonstrating the drill
- Each drill has key teaching points
- Page is set up and segmented by skills - skating, shooting, etc.
- Once coaches have created a login/password, they can create practice plans by selecting the drill they want
Hockey Canada Coaching Program - essentials of coaching
The NHL Coaches Association is hosting another GREAT lineup of coaches for the 2022 NHLCA Online Global Coaches’ Clinic!
Join us online AND in-person!
Online from June 13-17, 2022
Daily from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM EST
In-Person in Montreal on July 7, 2022
8:30 AM - 2:00 PM EST
The NHLCA Global Coaches’ Clinic is held annually by the NHL Coaches' Association and provides an opportunity for our NHL coaches to share their knowledge and expertise with the broader coaching community.
The clinic aims to educate coaches on the strategies and techniques used at the highest level of hockey while ensuring the information is relevant for all age groups and levels of play, so that every attending coach receives knowledge that is beneficial to their growth as a coach, as well as to his or her players’ development.
Typically the annual NHLCA Global Coaches' Clinic takes place in-person in conjunction with the NHL Draft™; however, as a result of COVID-19, the 2020 and 2021 clinics were moved to a virtual format.
We are excited that for 2022 we will be hosting both an online and in-person event, giving attendees the flexibility to choose which events they take part in.
More information: https://www.nhlcaclinic.com/
The NHL Coaches’ Association is committed to supporting the development of hockey coaches at all levels of the game around the world. As part of their commitment to this goal, they created the NHLCA Mentorship Program, a free online webinar series.
For more information and to sign up visit www.nhlcoaches.com/mentorship-program
NOTE: If you are a Hockey Canada Certified NCCP coach at the Coach 2, Development 1 or High Performance 1 level, as a participant in the NHLCA Mentorship Program you are eligible for Maintenance of Certification points through the Coaching Association of Canada. Click here for more information.
Stay tuned for details for the 2022-2023 season!