Half Ice Rink Divider System
Hockey Calgary has scheduled the Rink Divider System responsibilities for teams:
The following protocol will be used for U9 exhibition games and half-ice rink board usage at Flames Community Arenas only:
- FCA requires at least 48 hours notice from host team into order to use ½ ice boards
- Notification will be sent to Adam – firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the game is on Saturday, Sunday, or a holiday Monday; FCA requires notification by Thursday evening (10:00pm)
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The time needed to set up and take down the boards will come out of the teams ice session (ex. 5:00pm-6:00pm session: 5 minutes to set up and 5 minutes to take down. Actual ice time is 5:05pm-5:55pm at most)
In the event the set up, game time and take down is not allowing FCA staff 12-15 minutes for a flood consistently; FCA reserves the right to re-vert back to bumper use only for exhibition games
(as of 05-Oct-22)
Tornado's Edge Training Tool available at Flames Community Arenas
Concussion Awareness App / Hockey Canada Rule Book App / Hockey Canada Network
- Each drill includes PDF description and video demonstrating the drill
- Each drill has key teaching points
- Page is set up and segmented by skills - skating, shooting, etc.
- Once coaches have created a login/password, they can create practice plans by selecting the drill they want
Hockey Canada Coaching Program - essentials of coaching
The NHL Coaches’ Association is committed to supporting the development of hockey coaches at all levels of the game around the world. As part of their commitment to this goal, they created the NHLCA Mentorship Program, a free online webinar series.
For more information and to sign up visit www.nhlcoaches.com/mentorship-program
NOTE: If you are a Hockey Canada Certified NCCP coach at the Coach 2, Development 1 or High Performance 1 level, as a participant in the NHLCA Mentorship Program you are eligible for Maintenance of Certification points through the Coaching Association of Canada. Click here for more information.