New to Trails West Registration Steps

Player has Hockey Canada Hockey ID number and is transferring to Trails West from another minor hockey association.

STEP 1 (PARENT): Mandatory Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport-Parent Course

  • Ensure Respect in Sport-Parent is valid.  Your RIS-Parent certificate number and expiry date will be required under Step 2
  • New for 2021-2022 season: RIS-Parent certificates are normally valid for a period of 4 hockey seasons after which re-certification is required. However, in April 2021, Hockey Alberta extended the expiration by one year for all valid certifications.  All valid RIS-Parent certifications have automatically been extended from 4 to 5 years. Changes are reflected in a player's Hockey Canada Registry profile but not in individual Respect in Sport accounts as RIS is a multi-sport platform and the change is specific to Hockey Alberta.
  • Please review Trails West's Respect In Sport-Parent section for further instructions


STEP 2 (PARENT): Proof of Player Age and Residency

E-mail the TWHA Administrator with the following information:

  • Subject Line should read: Transferring to Trails West – player’s first and last name
  • Parent Declaration Form:  Please complete in full and sign the Hockey Calgary Parent Declaration Form
  • Proof of age: Scanned copy or clear digital photo of the player’s Birth certificate or Passport
  • Proof of Residency: Please provide a minimum of two CURRENT proofs of residency with your name and address (kindly provide these in a document separate from proof of age). Amounts and account numbers only may be blacked out if that is your preference.  Acceptable proof of residency include:
    • Recent Utility Bill (For example; Enmax or Direct Energy) – full page please so it reflects both the mailing and service address clearly and the date of the bill
    • Current year's GST statement or Income Tax Assessment
    • Homeowner or Rental Insurance Statement - please make sure it reflects current coverage period, mailing address, insured address and type of property insurance (homeowner's or tenant's)
    • If moving prior to the start of the season, a signed purchase/rental agreement with possession date, or a signed builder agreement with possession date *Note: a utility bill will be required once one is available
    • PLEASE NOTE: a driver’s license, cellular phone bill or property tax bill will NOT be accepted as proof of residence



  • Review and approve above documents to ensure the requirements of residency, age, Respect in Sport-Parent and Parent Declaration have been met
  • Request transfer of player’s Hockey Canada profile from previous association
  • Notify parent that the transfer has been requested and is pending approval
  • Upon receipt of transfer approval and player profile with Trails West, provide parent with approval to register online with Trails West