New to Minor Hockey Registration Steps
Player has never registered in minor hockey before and lives in Trails West Boundaries.
STEP 1: Mandatory Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport-Parent Course
- One parent or guardian must take this online course. A separate $12 fee is charged.
- A Hockey Canada Hockey ID number will be automatically generated for your child once you have added them to your Respect in Sport account.
- Organization must be Trails West - do not choose Calgary
- This program requires parents to re-certify every 4 years
- Please review the TWHA RIS-Parent New User Guide for assistance in setting up a RIS account, adding your child(ren) and accessing the program.
E-mail the TWHA Administrator with the following information:
- Indicate that you are new Trails West and if you want to play Community or House League Hockey
- Complete and sign the Hockey Calgary Parent Declaration Form
- Send a copy of the player’s Birth certificate or Passport
- Please provide a minimum of two CURRENT proofs of residency with your name and address. Acceptable proof of residency include:
- Recent Utility Bill (For example; Enmax or Direct Energy) – full page please so it reflects both the mailing and service address clearly and the date of the bill
- Current year's GST statement or Income Tax Assessment
- Homeowner or Rental Insurance Statement - please make sure it reflects current coverage period, mailing address, insured address and type of property insurance (homeowner's or tenant's)
- If moving prior to the start of the season, a signed purchase/rental agreement with possession date, or a signed builder agreement with possession date *Note: a utility bill will be required once one is available
- PLEASE NOTE: a driver’s license, cellular phone bill or property tax bill will NOT be accepted as proof of residence
STEP 3: (Administrator will complete)
- Review and approve above documents to ensure the requirements of residency, age, Respect in Sport-Parent and Parent Declaration have been met
- Request transfer of player’s Hockey Canada profile from previous association
- Upon receipt of transfer approval and player profile with Trails West, provide parent with approval to register online with Trails West