New to Minor Hockey Registration Steps

Player has never registered in minor hockey before and lives within Trails West boundaries (includes players who have siblings previously registered with Trails West).

STEP 1 (PARENT): Mandatory Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport-Parent Course

  • One parent or guardian must take this online course. A separate fee is charged.  A Hockey Canada Hockey ID number will be automatically generated for your child once you have added them to your Respect in Sport account thereby linking your RIS-Parent certification to their Hockey Canada Hockey ID
  • Organization must be Trails West - do not choose Calgary Trails West Jr C or Calgary
  • This program requires parents to re-certify every 4 years
  • Please review the TWHA RIS-Parent New User Guide for assistance in setting up a RIS account, adding your child(ren) and accessing the program
  • For more detailed information about the program or if you have taken Respect in Sport-Parent for another sport, please review Trails West's Respect In Sport-Parent section for further instructions


STEP 2 (PARENT): Proof of Player Age, Residency and program

E-mail the TWHA Administrator with the following information:

  • Subject Line should read: New to Trails West - player’s first and last name
  • Please indicate which league you are registering for - Community (U7-U18) or WCHL (U9-U11 house league)
  • Parent Declaration Form: Please complete in full and sign the Hockey Calgary Parent Declaration Form
  • Proof of Age: Scanned copy or clear digital photo of the player’s Birth certificate or Passport
  • Proof of Residency: Please provide two CURRENT proofs of residency with your name and address (kindly provide these in a document separate from proof of age). Amounts and account numbers only may be blacked out if that is your preference. Acceptable proof of residency include:
    • Recent Utility Bill (For example; Enmax or Direct Energy) – full page please so it reflects both the mailing and service address clearly and the date of the bill
    • Current year's GST statement or Income Tax Assessment
    • Homeowner or Rental Insurance Statement - please make sure it reflects name, current coverage period, mailing address, insured address and type of property insurance (ie. homeowner's or tenant's)
    • If moving prior to the start of the season, a signed purchase/rental agreement with possession date, or a signed builder agreement with possession date *Note: a utility bill will be required once one is available
    • PLEASE NOTE: a driver’s license, cellular phone bill or property tax bill will NOT be accepted as proof of residence



  • Review and approve above documents to ensure the requirements of residency, age and Respect in Sport-Parent have been met
  • Provide parent with player’s Hockey Canada Hockey ID number and approval to register online with Trails West
  • Note: If the player is registering for WCHL, a Hockey Canada Registry share request with Glenlake Minor Hockey Club will be required prior to player's WCHL registration