Hockey Calgary teams up with I Got Mind – Power Differential in Sport Presentation – Nov 29 / Dec 9
Hockey Calgary takes the safety of our players and members very seriously which is why we have teamed up with I Got Mind Inc to provide a free online session discussing the Power Differential in Sport. Our goal is to keep our athletes and members safe, and we believe that education is the first step.
This presentation is for players, parents, coaches, team staffs and Association members/volunteers.
This FREE one-hour Zoom session will cover:
- Setting boundaries
- Recognizing an unsafe situation
- Knowing who to communicate feelings of unsafe situations to, for yourself and others
- Understanding the effects of unhealthy power differentials
- Recognizing the difference between a disgruntled athlete and an athlete in distress
- How to contribute to a safe and healthy environment
Presenters will include:
- Bob Wilkie – fmr. NHL player and Founder of I Got Mind Inc
- Shawn O’Grady – I Got Mind Mental Health Clinician and Trauma Expert
- Cory Clouston – fmr. NHL, DEL, WHL Coach
- Tania O’Neill – Mental Health Expert and athlete-parent
**Due to the sensitive nature of some of the content, this presentation is suggested for individuals 13 years of age and older**
Full details on the presentation can be found here. Space is limited, sign up today!
REGISTER FOR NOVEMBER 29 @ 7PM
Click here for the Hockey Calgary Information Bulletin and Presentation details on Keeping our Athletes Safe.