Update for January 2022
With today’s announcement surrounding the cancellation of the World Junior Tournament in Edmonton, there are obvious concerns regarding the plan forward for the Hockey Calgary program. Hockey Calgary, in conjunction with member organizations (including TWHA) are finalizing ‘Game Cancellation Policy’ for January based on the information that we know now, but as always this is subject to change. The continuation of our Regular Season is set to begin on Sunday January 2nd, with close to 150 games scheduled for this day.
Currently we are finalizing the policy and at the same time waiting for any further announcements from the government of Alberta. Our collective plan is to review the most recent information and release a communication to all members on Friday December 31 outlining next steps.
In the interim please note the following:
- Hockey Calgary and the member Associations are currently reviewing all options
- We are awaiting direction from the government and our governing bodies, but currently it is our plan to continue the season
- At this time EMHW is still planned to run as scheduled
- Hockey Calgary will be releasing a statement and plan of action on Friday December 31
- We are doing everything in our power to continue hockey in a safe manner in 2022
-Mark Sawyer, TWHA President