Off Season Programs
The 2020 Bantam Cup has been CANCELLED according to Hockey Calgary's directive.
Full refunds have been processed for all registrants as of March 30, 2020. We look forward to hosting this event again in 2021!
With thanks and appreciation for the hard work and dedication of the Locke and Longley Families for the first two years, we are pleased to carry on the tradition of hosting the 7th Annual TWHA Bantam Cup.
The tournament will be played from April 8 to 12, 2020 at Flames Community Arenas.
There is a tournament banquet on Sunday, April 12, starting at 3pm. The FCA Lounge will be open to the public during this time, however access to banquet food and beverage is limited to the player plus one guest.
- The 2020 Bantam Cup Program will be available here.
- TEAM ROSTERS will be available here.
- RULES are available here.
6 balanced teams will be formed with up to 15 players and 2 goalies per team. Registration will be limited to 90 players and 12 goalies. Once open, registration will fill very quickly as has been the case in previous years.
If spots remain near the end of registration, 2nd year players in the top 3 Peewee divisions (PW AA, 1, and 2) will be invited to register. Siblings will be placed on the same team however we will not accommodate friend requests when forming balanced teams.
Bantam Cup Volunteers - still needed!
Referee Coordinator - arranging referees and payment
Jersey Coordinator - distribution and collection of jerseys (each team will be required to find parent volunteers to wash jerseys before their return to the Coordinator)
Communications Coordinator - eBrochure and email communications with participants
|WED APR 8||BLUE||6:00PM – 7:00PM||ORANGE||RED|
|WED APR 8||BLUE||7:15PM – 8:15PM||BLUE||WHITE|
|WED APR 8||BLUE||8:30PM – 9:30PM||GREEN||GREY|
|THU APR 9||GOLD||8:15PM – 9:15PM||BLUE||GREEN|
|THU APR 9||RED||8:30PM – 9:30PM||WHITE||ORANGE|
|FRI APR 10||GOLD||6:45PM – 7:45PM||RED||GREY|
|FRI APR 10||GOLD||8:00PM – 9:00PM||WHITE||GREEN|
|SAT APR 11||GOLD||8:45AM – 9:45AM||ORANGE||BLUE|
|SAT APR 11||GOLD||10:00AM – 11:00AM||GREY||WHITE|
|SAT APR 11||GOLD||11:15AM – 12:15PM||GREEN||RED|
|SAT APR 11||GOLD||6:45PM – 7:45PM||GREY||ORANGE|
|SAT APR 11||BLUE||7:00PM – 8:00PM||RED||BLUE|
|SUN APR 12||GOLD||1:00PM – 2:00PM||C FINAL|
|SUN APR 12||BLUE||1:15PM – 2:15PM||B FINAL|
|SUN APR 12||GOLD||2:15PM – 3:15PM||A FINAL|
|SUN APR 12||3:00PM – 5:00PM||BANQUET IN LOUNGE|
The 2020 Midget Cup has been CANCELLED according to Hockey Calgary's directive.
Full refunds have been processed for all registrants as of March 24, 2020. We look forward to hosting this event again in 2021!
Building off of the Bantam Cup tournament started by the Locke family six years ago, we will be running our 3rd annual Midget Cup this year. The ice is booked for April 8-12 for a four team, four game tournament at Flames Community Arenas. It is a fun, non-contact tournament that allows friends within Trails West to play against each other on balanced teams made up from all six of our Midget teams.
We will also be hosting a simple banquet for the players at Oilympics Lounge (at FCA) on the Saturday, April 11 starting at 7pm immediately following the tournament games. The FCA Lounge will be open to the public during this time, however access to banquet food and beverage is limited to the registered player plus one guest.
- The 2020 Midget Cup Program will be available here.
- TEAM ROSTERS will be posted here.
- RULES are available here.
We will be forming four balanced teams with up to 15 players and 2 goalies per team. Registration will be limited to 60 players and 8 goalies.
Midget Cup Volunteers - still needed!
Banquet Coordinator - plan the menu and run the event
Referee Coordinator - schedule and pay referees
Jersey Coordinator - distribute and collect jerseys (each team will be required to find parent volunteers to wash jerseys before their return to the Coordinator)
Game sheet/labels - print labels and prepare game sheets for each game
Tournament Brochure Coordinator - populate template with this year's roster and game schedule for posting on website
|WED APR 8||BLUE||9:45PM – 10:45PM||TEAM 1||TEAM 2|
|WED APR 8||GOLD||10:15PM – 11:15PM||TEAM 3||TEAM 4|
|FRI APR 10||BLUE||7:45PM – 8:45PM||TEAM 4||TEAM 1|
|FRI APR 10||BLUE||8:00PM – 9:00PM||TEAM 2||TEAM 3|
|SAT APR 11||GOLD||5:30PM – 6:30PM||TEAM 1||TEAM 3|
|SAT APR 11||BLUE||5:45PM – 6:45PM||TEAM 2||TEAM 4|
|SAT APR 11||7:00PM – 9:00PM||BANQUET IN LOUNGE|
|SUN APR 12||BLUE||2:30PM – 3:30PM||B FINAL|
|SUN APR 12||GOLD||3:30PM – 4:30PM||A FINAL|
3 vs 3 Pond Hockey Tournament
Trails West will not be hosting this tournament for the 2020-2021 season.
Trails West is hosting their second annual 3 vs 3 Pond Hockey Tournament in 2019! Pond hockey is a type of hockey where players are encouraged to play for the spirit of the game. There isn’t a scoreboard, there’s a lot of flow, players are encouraged to try new moves and have fun playing the game.
Who: Sr. Timbits, Novice, Atom and PeeWee players registered with TWHA for the 2019-2020 season
What: 3 games of half ice in 3 vs 3 pond hockey format with 2 games on Saturday and 1 game on Sunday
Where: Flames Community Arenas (Red and Gold)
When: Labour Day Long Weekend – Saturday August 31 and Sunday September 1, 2019
Why: A fun way for players to prepare for the upcoming season
Cost: $50 per player
Teams: there will be 4 teams formed for each birth year division (2013, 2012/2011, 2010/2009, 2008/2007*combined)
Players per team: 10 (with exceptions to accommodate 2 goaltenders)
Registration: Registration is closed. Registration is per player and based on a first come-first served basis. Player registration will be cancelled and not refunded if the player is not currently registered with Trails West.
Confirmation of team assignment will be emailed to participant’s email address by August 28, 2019
For Timbits and Novice aged players, goaltender equipment will be provided for players in need of equipment. Teams will be constructed by Trails West with the goal of balancing the teams to allow for games to be as competitive as possible and for this reason, teammate requests will only be considered for unique circumstances (ie, siblings). Please note that registration is first-come first served and is non-transferrable. No refunds will be issued.
- Games will be 60 minutes in length with a 5 minute warm-up, 2 minute clean-up and puck drop, 24 minute half, 2 minute intermission, 24 minute half, 3 minutes for handshake
- Games will be played cross-ice, with two games happening simultaneously. The half-ice board system will be utilized for every game
- The only face-offs for the game will be the opening face-off and the face-off after half time
- Atom/PeeWee teams will change on the fly and Timbits/Novice teams will have 2 minute shifts and change on the buzzer (leaving the puck in situ at the buzzer)
- After a goal the scoring team must have all players regroup to center ice before being allowed to forecheck the team that has just been scored on. This means teams that have just been scored on must regroup quickly and dig the puck out of the net
- Infractions will result in a penalty shot with the player suffering the infraction taking the penalty shot. When a penalty shot occurs, all players on the ice will be asked to take a knee at half ice. Once the shot is completed, the defensive players can immediately enter their own zone. Once the player taking the penalty shot completes the shot, the player must regroup to center ice before the player and their teammates can once again forecheck. Within Timbits/Novice, if a penalty shot is awarded near the end of a shift, the player will be allowed to execute the penalty shot even in absence of the buzzer. At the end of the shot, players will execute the line change
- If a puck goes over the glass, the goaltender nearest where the puck went over the glass will pull a puck out of the net for his teammates and the offensive team must regroup before forechecking
- No body checking in any division
Schedule: Revised due to lower than anticipated number of registrants. Games will now be played per age group and not birth year.