Guidelines & Information for 2022-2023 Season
As at 22-April-2022
For more Hockey Calgary dates/deadlines for the season, please review the Hockey Calgary Important Dates-Community (also available below under Season Timeline section).
Updated: May 30, 2022
On April 27, 2020, the Hockey Calgary Board of Directors approved recommendations from the Operations Committee for the 2020-2021 season. As the season was not played as originally planned, some of these recommendations were put on hold and was implemented effective the 2021-2022 season.
The League Structure Format was amended with the following changes:
- Shortened ‘Seeding Round’ – 2-4 less games depending on Age Category
- Reduced to 4 weeks (5 weekends) in duration. No schedule window provided for tournaments
- Longer ‘Regular Season’ – 2-4 more games depending on Age Category o More meaningful Games in League Play as season starts early December
- 7-9 Tournament Windows/Weekends available over course of season
- U9 Scheduling – No games before 8:00 AM
- Goal to increase the number 75-minute permits for Hockey Calgary games
- Family Day – concerted effort to avoid games on Family Day itself. Unfortunately, games will still be scheduled on the weekend of Family Day
Hockey Calgary Tournament Policy - effective 2021-2022 season
On April 27, 2020, the Hockey Calgary Board of Directors approved recommendations from the Operations Committee for the 2020-2021 season. As the season was not played as originally planned, some of these recommendations were put on hold and were implemented effective the 2021-2022 season.
The Tournament Policy addresses the following issues:
- To ensure qualified officials are available for appropriate levels
- Tournaments being cancelled due to lack of available teams
- Burning of ice when events are cancelled
- NEW – Regular Season Schedule window can be used to ‘Weekend Off’ if desired
- NEW – Tournaments are now permitted in Calgary during the League Play (with limits)
When available, detailed information about Evaluations can be found under Members-Evaluations.
Tentative 2022 Evaluation Dates (subject to change without notice)
U7 - Sept 9 & 11
U9 - Sept 8, 10-19
U11 - Sept 8 (goalie)
- Sept 7, 9 - 20
U13 - Sept 13 (goalie)
- Sept 13, 15 - 28
U15 - Sept 14 (goalie)
- Sept 14, 15 (checking clinics)
- Sept 17 - 28
U18 - Sept 22 (checking clinics)
- Sept 24 - Oct 4
West Calgary House League - Sept 29 - Oct 2
*Player evaluation times will be emailed to the main player email on the registration form about a week before the first evaluation skate.
Health & Safety Protocols
Health & Safety Protocols for the 2022-2023 season will be updated closer to the start of the season.
TWHA recommends the continuation of the following steps to keep everyone healthy:
- Participants should bring and use their own labelled water bottle
- Parents who are assisting with equipment, please exit dressing rooms as soon as the player is dressed in order to limit crowding. Alternatively, players can be dressed before arriving at the arena, so the only assistance needed is lacing skates, which can be done outside of the dressing room.
We ask all participants to continue to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and follow all Alberta Health guidelines and recommendations.
As always, we appreciate your cooperation and help in keeping our entire Member Association healthy, to ensure our athletes have a full, fun and healthy season.
Alberta Health Services
TWHA Safety Coordinator
Regina Bleile firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Information from 2021-2022 Season
Travel Outside of Canada - For the most current Government of Canada COVID-19 requirements (https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions) and https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada.